Antifa (1932- ) is an anti-fascist movement made up of those on the far left who believe in violence. It was started in the 1930s by German communists to stop the rise of Hitler. In the 2010s it is now fighting the rise of Trump.
- Headquarters: none.
- Numbers: unknown.
- Catchphrase: No platform for fascists.
- Symbol: the double flag (red and black in the 2010s).
- Clothing: black, with face partly covered (to hide who they are from the police).
So far in 2017 in the US:
- January: punched alt-right Richard Spencer (pictured above).
- February: broke glass and set fires to stop alt-right darling Milo Yiannopoulos from speaking at Berkeley.
- August: protected Cornel West and clergy at the Charlottesville riot.
They aim to stop fascism “by any means necessary”. And sometimes by means unnecessary, like using violence even at protests where the left…
View original post 408 more words