Like Marc Lamont Hill, who was fired by CNN two months ago for his views on Palestine, Angela Davis:
- supports BDS (Boycott, Divest and Sanctioning of Israel for its human rights abuses against Palestinians).
- notices that many progressives in the US are progressive on everything except, strangely, Palestine.
- points out that Israel trains US police forces.
- thinks Palestinians, like any occupied people, have a moral right to use violence against their occupiers.
- believes in internationalism – that the oppressed of the world need to work together across borders.
In 2011 Davis visited Palestine:
“we were all thoroughly shocked to discover that the repression associated with Israeli settler colonialism was so evident and so blatant. The Israeli military made no attempt to conceal or even mitigate the character of the violence they inflicted on the Palestinian people. Gun-carrying military men and women – many extremely young – were everywhere. The…
View original post 410 more words