The Oregon stand-off (since January 2nd 2016) is where a dozen or so armed men took over the headquarters of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in south-eastern Oregon. They did it during a holiday weekend when no one was there. They are led by Ammon Bundy, son of Cliven Bundy.
Terrorism: Their actions fit the government’s definition of terrorism, but because they are White, it does not fit the Whitespeak definition. So the White press uses terms like these in headlines:
- protesters, colorful characters: LA TImes;
- armed protest/ers: CNN, BBC, Fox News, New York Times;
- militia/men:Huffington Post, The Daily Beast, The Guardian, Daily Mail, The Independent;
- armed militia:Chicago Tribune;
- militia occupiers: Buzzfeed, New York Daily News;
- activists: NBC News, MSNBC;
- armed men:Washington Post.
Learn the lingo:
- militia: armed White men;
- terrorists: armed Muslim men;
- thugs: armed…
View original post 393 more words